Smartphone has become a problem-solving agent for many people these days. Be it like shopping online, managing schedules, retrieving information, and organizing work, everything is made possible using a smartphone. A mobile app is well-integrated in such handy services to further enhance living pleasure, especially during the pandemic. People were much prone to mobile usage for entertainment, social connection, and online shopping purpose.
There have been major developments in the field of mobile applications solving people queries and the healthcare industry is no exception. Last year, the health industry witnessed double the numbers of healthcare apps and still counting. The primary reason is the convenience of accessing medical assistance via apps, talk to a doctor online, order medicines digitally, and more. So, if you are looking to increase medical vertical revenue through digital means, then start investing in healthcare application development soon.
Even for healthcare professionals and health institutions, mHealth (Mobile Health) is the major driving factor to provide wireless medical services to patients. The mHealth becomes the major adopting factor to offer healthcare services digitally with easy access anytime and anywhere.
So, if you like to be a part of the futuristic age of healthcare using digital means, then hire a mobile application development company to create a result-oriented mHealth app. But before that, let’s get into a detailed discussion about benefits, features, and futuristic trends associated with the healthcare app industry.
Definition of mHealth
The term mHealth refers to mobile health which means healthcare services using a mobile app. There are a rapid advancement and improvement in mHealth technologies. And, it helps to deliver seamless health check-ups, heart rate monitoring, step counting, and other information daily. Some like Fitness apps are for customers to check their health condition while on the go. On the other side, there are mHealth applications for medical practitioners to look at an institution, patients, and treatment records.
Different Types of Health & Fitness Apps you Need to Consider
For your better understanding, we have listed a few of the common healthcare apps to give an idea before developing one for you.
1. Fitness Apps: Provide information related to different exercise regimes.
2. Healthcare & Lifestyle Apps: Offer data related to healthy meals, diet tips, and more.
3. Medicine Order Apps: Healthcare commerce apps for ordering medicines and medical equipment online.
4. Medical Apps: Online appointment with doctor & physicians for virtual or offline consultation.
5. Medical Lab Apps: Provide information related to various body & blood tests, book an appointment, view the report.
The above-mentioned list of healthcare apps does not end here. There is more to it. At least, you might get an idea of what to create with the help of a healthcare app development company and serve the purpose of treating patients virtually.
Benefits of Healthcare Apps Businesses & Customers
Entrepreneurs in the healthcare industry have endless opportunities to create a result-driven medical app. Investing in the same is a profitable matter to go with the rising trend of smartphone usage and providing medical services anywhere and anytime. There are few benefits of developing a healthcare app from the point of view of business and customers.
Benefits of Healthcare apps for businesses:
* Increase customer loyalty by offering digital and convenient healthcare services.
* Enhance customer engagement by collecting data and send personalized notifications.
* Gather customer-centric information to know about the latest trends.
* Attract a new set of customers by offering medical services online.
* Save operational time and effort.
Benefits of Healthcare apps for customers:
* Follow a healthy lifestyle by tracking healthcare status regularly.
* Order medicines online especially in case of emergencies.
* Consult with doctors online via audio or video calls.
* Book a doctor’s appointment online as per own convenience.
* Set up reminders to eat food, take medicine, order drugs, and calculate daily calorie intake.
Must to Look at Features of Healthcare Apps
In this section, we will look at a few common features to add to healthcare mobile apps. Refer to the following medical app features to bring tangible results to your healthcare business.
1. Telemedicine: One of the popular features associated with healthcare apps is Telemedicine. It refers to the online diagnosis of patients through a real-time chat and on-demand video. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, Telemedicine witnessed a dramatic surge in treating patients stuck inside the home.
2. Online Payment Gateway: Integrate different online payment tools with healthcare applications that allow customers to pay for medical services.
3. Tracking: This feature allows physicians to track the medical condition of patients. Whereas, fitness and healthcare apps allow customers to track their current health status.
4. Push Notifications: Enable the feature of sending push notifications related to doctor’s appointments, water intake or mealtime, exercise routine reminders, and more.
5. Scheduling: This specific feature helps patients to schedule an online appointment with a doctor or virtual consultation.
6. Reporting: Doctors and physicians can have a thorough look at clinics or hospital records on the application itself.
And, the list goes on.
Latest Trends in Healthcare Mobile Apps
Follow the latest healthcare application development trends to stay relevant to customers’ requirements. Infused the virtues of the latest technologies in healthcare apps to help patients, doctors, and medical institutions.
1. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence has rapidly made its way into the healthcare industry in the last few years. AI helps the industry to collect, measure, and analyze a large amount of healthcare data to bring invaluable inputs. The technology is efficient for the sector to analyze medical imagery, derive values from previous clinical researches to create drugs, streamline workflow, and offer in-patients care online.
One of the best examples of AI in the healthcare industry is a Chatbot. A machine chat system having human intelligence inside that helps to ask health-related queries, provide answers, suggestions, and even offers deals online.
2. Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT is not just confined to the personal environment making Smart Homes or creating a vast band of connected devices. Internet of Things has well penetrated inside the medical industry in the way of connected health devices like Fitness trackers and Wearable Devices. IoT continues to transform the industry by passing real-time patient information to doctors, healthcare status to users, and processing diagnostic information to the medical institution.
Enable the virtues of IoT in healthcare apps to receive and passion medical information for:
* Fast diagnosis
* Quick processing of health status
* Improving remote health
* Accessing medical hardware
* Tracking inventory, staff, & supplies
* Managing drugs
3. VR and AR
You must have heard about Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. These two technologies are no longer confined to an impressive gaming experience. It has entered the medical sector.
Using VR devices like helmets and goggles, medical practitioners help patients with depression, cancer, autism, or any other disease to receive a virtual treatment. The technology helps to bridge the gap between in-patients care and demographic restrictions. On the other side, AR helps to effectively analyze MRIs and CT Scans in no time.
Mobile health is heading towards new improvements and advancements shortly. Adapting the hands of healthcare app has become a necessary affair to meet patients’ requirements widely. Thus, refer to the latest trends, benefits, and features to implement result-driven ideas in your healthcare application development process.
If you are searching for a leading mobile application development company having prior experience in the medical vertical, then lay your eyes on Mobibiz.
1. What is Healthcare Mobile App?
A healthcare mobile application refers to providing health-related services to customers/patients in terms of booking doctor’s appointments, order medicines, book a medical test, check healthcare status. On the other side, there are apps meant for doctors, physicians, and medical institutions to track patient’s records, hospital information, refer to treatments and case studies.
2. How Long Does it Take to Develop a Healthcare App?
The development of a healthcare app based on your requirements. Several factors are taken into consideration like the platform, features, functionalities, and integration to decide the final timeline.
3. How Much Does it Cost to Build an App?
The cost depends on the type of healthcare app you need. It could be fitness, healthcare, Telemedicine, medicines order, or any other app. For which platform you need an app like Android, iOS, etc, are also taken into consideration to decide the final price.